Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quick! Post!

I haven't posted in a while!

I'm back in the animation side of my career and enjoying a wonderful storyboard gig. Can't say much because it's a brand new show which will be airing on Canadian television later on next year!
Well my new contract is very time consuming as well as very digital. The software I'm using is called ToonBoom's Storyboard Pro and if you are not familiar with the program, the artist uses a tablet to draw. No more sticky notes taped onto a story board page.
I love working in Storyboard Pro but because the process requires 10 to 12 hours per day to work on, I find it hard to make time for simple sketchbook drawing or to work on my graphic novel.
I'm going to figure out what I can do to make a little time here or there to work on my stuff somehow. In the meantime however, I'm posting 3 doodles that I did a wee while ago. They were pinned to one of my bulletin boards where I could see them on a regular basis. I don't know what I want to do with them yet.
Posting them online might get someone to pipe up with an idea though!

5 comments:

Larry MacDougall said...

Great sketches ! I just love the way you draw. So natural and free. Well done.

Pat Ann said...

I love you, Larry!

Heather said...

For some reason this reminds me of The Seven Crow Princes (Fairytale) where the seven princes were turned into crows and eventually rescued by their youngest sister, who had to cut off her little finger to make the key that would release them.

Doll With A Soul said...

aww.... it's so beautiful ....

Craig Phillips said...

Beeeautiful!! First two are just gorgeous. So I wake up this morning and am greeted with great new work from both yourself AND Larry over at his blog. A good start to the day!

And what's this about a graphic novel? Thats great! Me too, I got one in the pipes. Im really keen to see what your are doing with yours. Going to post anything?